In this video, Jenna describes "the most perfect way to get people to stop talking to you, that you don't want to talk to." She illustrates what she calls "The Face" to her viewers. The Face, which is something that cannot be put into mere words, will certainly deter most people who approach you.
Jenna gets pretty passionate on the subject; it seems as if people are constantly bothering her. She clears it up though, stating "99.9 percent of the time I will talk to anyone who comes up to me, and I am super nice. You can ask anyone, it's a fact"in the beginning of her video. Jenna drops a few curses in to, as if to really show her aggravation with the subject at hand. This use of pathos is a solid backdrop, because viewers can relate to most of the situations. Also, because it is a video, therefore also visual, allows the viewer to actually see her anger. Her use of examples of people who she doesn't want to talk to are at the least, truthful. She earns ethos in these instances, making her argument much more believable.
JennaMarbles Youtube Channel as a whole makes good use of rhetoric. Each of her videos are enjoyable, and easy to relate to. They poke fun at everything, from bad drivers, to celebrities, to the little things that bother everyone. She uses rhetoric to her advantage, and that is what makes the videos so successful
As a fan of Jenna Marbles myself, I agree with your conclusion that her humorous way of pointing out little things we can all relate to is what makes her videos fun and popular. I would agree that her empassioned speech methods in addition to her impressions and physical interpretations of situations are what draw in her viewers.
ReplyDeleteI saw this Jenna Marbles video before and found it absolutely hilarious! Yet, when I watched it, I was only expecting a good laugh and I never really considered why I found the video so funny. I think after reading your entry, it definitely helps me understand why. This video, like so many other YouTube videos, is especially funny when you are able to relate to what the person in the video is saying.
ReplyDeleteFor a first time viewer of Jenna Marbles I found her quite amusing. Everyone is able to relate to those situations when you just want to be left alone. Her humor makes it easy to connect with and just makes her overall message better.
ReplyDelete